Students! We are looking forward to work with you on the open topics
listed below. You may also contact us if you think that you have
identified an interesting challenge that may fit the research profile
of our chair.
In either case, please
send e-mail to
Torsten Grust or any other staff member
(German is fine). Make sure to include the following information:
- Which of our chair's courses did you attend?
- Beyond database systems, which courses/seminars have particularly
raised your interest?
- Are you a hands-on hacker type or do you prefer working with
pencil and paper?
- Which programming languages are part of your toolbox? Which of these
do you master?
- Did you work with functional programming languages (beyond
the bits of Scheme taught in the introductory CS courses)?
- Any projects you have worked on in the recent past?
- What would be a suitable date to start the work on your thesis? What
are your other commitments (e.g., courses, exams, day job) in the thesis